About Dennis' 7 Dees
Dennis’ 7 Dees Landscaping and Garden Centers is a growing Equal Opportunity Employer, based in Portland, OR. We work collaboratively with all of our clients to provide landscaping and gardening solutions that fit their needs. We engage in all areas of landscaping, including maintenance, construction and design for commercial and residential projects.
Our culture reflects our commitment to great design, customer service, and employee growth. Dennis’ 7 Dees provides our employees with an enjoyable work environment and opportunities for professional and personal development. We have an excellent and diversified benefits package including medical for eligible employees, paid time off, paid holidays, weekly pay dates and an employee discount.
As a Senior Accountant you will be joining our fast-paced, multi-divisional, growing company processing accounts payable and accounting duties for our retail division and accounts receivable for the entire company. To thrive in this position you’ll need 2+ years’ experience in accounts payable and 2+ years of experience in accounts receivable. Your main duties include entering all invoices for our retail division, posting cash receipts, collecting of past due accounts, balancing assigned general ledger accounts, and all other accounts receivable duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Strong Excel, Word and Outlook knowledge
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Demonstrated proficiency of data entry
- Knowledge of effective collections procedures
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Finger Dexterity — The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- 2+ years of Accounts Receivable experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Viewpoint software
- Experience with Epicor Eagle software
- Crystal Report writing experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Accounts Receivable Duties:
- Post cash receipts daily
- Create finance charges and send monthly statements
- Resolve client discrepancies and short payments
- Assist divisions in collection of past due accounts
- Send past due accounts to collection agencies as needed
- Take credit card payments over the phone
- Process retail gift cards when used to pay invoices
- Evaluate customer credit risk and recommend credit limits and payment terms. Setup approved customers with accounts at retail stores.
- Update customer email addresses when bounced emails are received.
Accounts Payable Duties:
- Match invoices to packing slip
- Send out for approvals and follow up with vendors and/or stores as needed to resolve discrepancies
- Finalize and adjust in Eagle software
- Enter approved invoices into Viewpoint software
Retail Accounting Duties
- Issue gift cards for marketing, donations, etc.
- Gift card maintenance: check balances as requested, replace if lost/stolen if exception was made by Upper Management.
- Troubleshoot transfer issues, GL questions, duplicate charges, etc.
- Setup Landscape Construction contractors with discount account in Eagle
- Complete the GL transfer of Retail data into Viewpoint daily
General Accounting Duties:
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts as assigned
- Reconcile all bank accounts through Viewpoint
- Assist and complete monthly close procedures
- Assist and complete year-end schedules as needed by CPA’s
- Maintain fixed assets records with CPA’s
- Serve as backup for payroll to cover vacations, leaves, etc.
- Run and/or create reports as needed
- Cover the front desk for lunches and breaks
- Cross train for other accounting functions in order to backup co-workers
- Maintain a procedure and instruction manual of General Accountant tasks, to be used as a guide for coworkers when assistance is needed.
- Work safely
- Understand and comply with all company policies
- Regular attendance and punctual for scheduled shift
- Perform other related duties as assigned